Black Bean and Corn Easy Empanada!
Chef Beansy LOVES beans. Chef Beansy also loves empanadas! So when she decided to combine the two, one dreamy dish of pastry-beany goodness was born. The great thing about these empanadas is that they're portable and flexible. Take them with you on the go, or eat them at home any time of day.
Black Bean and Corn Easy Empanadas
- 1 package Tapas par Empanadas (puff pastry dough), defrosted
- 1/2 cup prepared and cooled Easy Beansy black beans
- 1/3 cup frozen corn niblets defrosted
- 1/3 cup cheese (optional)
- 1 beaten egg or vegan egg white or soaked chia seeds
1. Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Defrost 6 puff pastry discs, set aside. In a bowl, stir together the beans, corn and option cheese.
3. On a floured board, lightly roll out individual puff pastry disc about 1/4" larger.
3. Place a tablespoon of mixture in the center of a puff pastry disc.
4. Fold in half to form half-moon shape.
5.Seal edges by pressing with a fork or knock yourself out with some other fancy trick that we can't do just yet. :-) Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment.
6. Repeat with remaining discs then brush each empanada with the beaten egg.
7. Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool on a baking rack (filling will be quite hot, especially if cheese is included). Let sit or cool enough to handle. Serve warm or at room temperature.